Youth Music Festival Registration
Deadline for applications: March 15th, 2019
Applications must be completely filled out with all information requested
*Rules and Regulations can be found at the bottom of this page*
If you have any questions, please call the Arts Center at (863) 676 - 8426 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17th Annual Marilyn Newell Youth Music Festival Rules and Regulations
- Participants must be between the ages of 11 and 18 on April 13th, 2019.
- Participants must attend a public, private, or home school who resides in Polk County.
- Participants must prepare two contrasting selections and are required to MEMORIZE their music. Selections should be from the standard classical music repertoire. Woodwind, brass, and percussion performers will select their music from the current Florida Bandmasters Music List: Junior Division Music-level 2 through 4 or higher; and Senior Division-level 5 through 7.
- Total time will be limited to 8 minutes for juniors and ten minutes for seniors. Time limit will be strictly observed.
- Vocal students are encouraged, but not required, to sing one selection in a foreign language.
- The competition will be divided by ages 11-14 Juniors and 15-18 Seniors and by categories of vocal, piano, and instrumental. At the discretion of competition organizers, a guitar category for both junior and Senior levels may be added if at least 6 students apply. If less than 6 apply, guitarists will be adjudicated along with instrumental competitors.
- Participants must supply 3 copies of their music with measures numbered for use by the judges. If originals are not available, in order to comply with copyright laws, clean temporary photocopies with pages stapled in order may be used for the judges' deliberations and will be destroyed following the judges' final decisions.
- Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the judges. Not every prize will be awarded if, in the opinion of the judges, no winner is justified in that category.
- Participants are REQUIRED to appear in the public recital on Sunday, April 14th, 2019 beginning at 3:00 PM at the Lake Wales Arts Center. Students receiving an award are asked to play one of the selections performed during the competition.
- Each participant will be assigned a time to compete and should arrive and sign in one-1/2 hour prior to their performance. Parents, teachers, and friends are welcome to attend.
- Prizes will be awarded in vocal, piano, and instrumental categories (excluding Junior Vocal)
- AGES 11 - 14 (JUNIORS)
- 1st Prize - $100
- 2nd Prize - $75
- 3rd Prize - $50
- AGES 15 - 18 (SENIORS)
- 1st Prize - $500
- 2nd Prize - $250
- 3rd Prize - $100
- AGES 11 - 14 (JUNIORS)
- There will be one $1,000.00 award and one $250 award for exceptional performance ability in the Senior and Junior Divisions, respectively.
- Applications MUST BE submitted via the website application form by 4:00 PM on March 15th, 2019